27 April 2009
Now is a moment when we need the scientists on the frontlines:
- WHO has declared Public Health Event of International Concern; EU has encouraged Europeans to avoid travel to Mexico or US.
- Canada has confirmed 6 (not 20) cases, is evaluating other patients.
- No new US cases; 1 has been admitted due to other medical conditions.
- Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong have announced they will be screening passengers arriving from US and Mexico.
- 3/4 cases in France now cleared; 1 confirmed case in Spain and others being eval’d; 2 suspected cases in Scotland; 1 in Israel; numbers in New Zealand unclear; Mexican case numbers continue to vary depending on source.
- Google has app plotting reported cases.